Here we go!!
Today is the big day of the Craft Hope Initiative Launch!!
Here is your mission should you choose to accept it: Help us send 1,100 kits in conjunction with Craft Hope for their maternal birth project - helping moms and their newborns in Haiti!
We have 2 initiatives that are happening:
1. An on-line initiative. We hope to assemble 100 kits through your purchases of them on our store, which you will learn more about below.
2. A community initiative. This is an opportunity for businesses and seamstresses to donate items. We hope to assemble 1,000 kits in this way!! DFC isn't big enough to fund all that up front which is why the on-line goal is smaller. :)
There are 3 main ways to get involved:
1. Buy a complete kit. We're making them for you and giving you the opportunity to purchase them on our store here. They are $8.50 per kit and here is the cost breakdown:
- 1 alcohol wipe - $0.15
- 1 oz. bar soap - $0.66
- 1 36" x 36" handmade receiving blanket and handmade tote - $5
- 1 Purell packet - $0.06
- 1 pair of Netrile latex gloves - $0.09
- 1 36" x 48" plastic sheeting - $0.80
- 1 gallon ziplock bag - $0.15
- 3 pieces of 12" string - $0.10
- 1 handmade stuffed animal - $1.50
3. DONATE supplies! This is for our community initiative. We are looking to local businesses to contribute supplies but will need lots of help with donations of handmade items. We hope to assemble 1,000 kits through our community! That's a lot of blankets, totes and stuffed animals!! looking for handmade totes, blankets and stuffed animals! I want to re-iterate that this is separate from our on-line kit sales. (We will not be profiting from your donations as that would be in complete conflict with our values and mission.) These are the handmade items we are collecting:
- Totes big enough to hold a gallon ziplock bag with the kit supplies inside.
- Receiving blankets made from 100% cotton measuring 36" x 36".
- Small stuffed animals to include as a sweet gift to the newborn.
- You are more than welcome to donate any of other items in the kits as well.
- Please send non-monetary donations (only items to include in the kits) to:
Delicate Fortress CreationsThis initiative will end February 16th, exactly 3 weeks from today. That will give us plenty of time to assemble the kits and get them shipped out to meet the March 1 deadline.
P.O. Box 114
McKean, PA 16426
Please let us know if you have any questions and we'll answer them. Also, please refer to our web-site here for frequently asked questions.
And lastly, if you are a blogger, business or non-profit and you wish to participate by promoting this event or donating items, we will be happy to feature you through facebook, twitter and a special thank you page on our website. So, submit your links here or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We'll keep a tally of our progress on our website. And, thank you, thank you, in advance!
Let's get started!
Start shopping by clicking here!