I got about 3 hours of sleep last night and I could definitely use what Project 7 has to offer to keep me going today - coffee, mints, gum and water.
I could stay awake with purpose!
Project 7, like DFC, is a shop with purpose store, offering you "products for good"! Instead of focusing on the tragedies of this world and getting bogged down in the hopelessness of it all, Project 7 chooses to focus on hope. And they do this by financially assisting non-profits with sales of every day products in 7 specific areas.
Here's a run down.
- Feed the Hungry - Purchase a "feed the hungry" product and you'll provide 7 meals in American communities.
- Heal the Sick - Each product here will buy medicine for a person suffering with malaria.
- Save the Earth - Product sales enable the planting of fruit trees.
- House the Homeless - You can provide shelter, food AND education for 1 day for an orphan when you buy a heal the homeless product. Wow!
- Quench the Thirsty - Each product here provides clean water to someone for a YEAR!
- Teach them Well - Buy a teach them well item and give an education to a child in Africa for a year. Can you imagine?
- Hope for Peace - And give a day of counseling to a child of war with these items.
Even better is the fact that Project 7 doesn't just talk and disburse funds. They DO! Through 7 Day, a separate part of their store, Project 7 offers you community and change all at the same time by resourcing volunteer "chapters" all over the states to help you make a difference in your own community in creative and fun ways. How awesome is that?
I'm in love! Are you?